In this Hearthstone patch, we’re adding a new seasonal card back and have introduced some minor changes and bug fixes.The full patch notes are below!General
- The following card back has been added:
Classic Card Back: Remastered—We’ve re-visited the Classic Hearthstone card back and have given it a painstaking HD update. Acquire the new card back by reaching Rank 20 during the Ranked Play season.
- We’ve implemented a new card type, Ninjas, which ALWAYS beat Pirate cards!
- We’ve added a new feature called Harrison Jones’ Museum! Accessing it will allow you to gaze proudly upon all the weapons you’ve put in the museum, where they belong.
- Mistress of Pain has turned over a new leaf and is now called Mistress of Uncomfortableness.
- Crush has been renamed to Big Gross Demon Foot.
- Card packs can now be opened by blowing gently on the screen.
- Alexstrasza will no longer say anything upon being played because she’s tired of being misunderstood.
- Cogmaster no longer spits, because let’s be honest, that’s pretty gross.
- Leeroy Jenkins will now whisper his name upon being played in accordance with mandatory workplace etiquette classes.
- Sludge Belcher has taken some antacids and now feels great!
- Upon playing Unleash the Hounds, players will be taken to a menu that allows them to choose the exact breed of their hounds—with over 100 options!
- Snowchugger is now an 8/8 because it’s too cute and people are not taking it seriously enough.
- After many bouts with brain freeze, Snowchugger now eats snow at a more reasonable rate.
- Annoy-o-Tron now says “GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE” upon being slain.
- Sorcerer’s Apprentice has graduated to Sorcerer’s Adept. All those long hours hitting the books finally paid off!
- A Lost Tallstrider has been found. If it’s yours, please visit lost and found to claim it.
- Recycle now provides the Responsible Citizen buff to Malfurion when cast.
- After sensitivity training, Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War, and Ancient Mage will now be known as Senior Citizen of Lore, Senior Citizen of War, and Harold respectively.
- Savage Roar now also turns off squelch and removes the cooldown on emotes.
- Naturalize now causes Zombie Chow and Poison Seeds to be all-natural, vegan, and gluten free.
- Hunter’s Mark has been renamed Hunter’s George.
- Mark of the Wild has been renamed George of the Wild.
- Mark of Nature has been renamed George of Nature.
We like George more than Mark. Mark still owes us $20.
The spell Blizzard now causes enemy minions to attack Soon™.
A new Hearthstone mini-series was in the works titled “Portrait: The Last Spellbender,” but everything changed when the Fireball attacked.
To make things more convenient, Tirion Fordring will now silence himself when summoned.
Circle of Healing has been renamed Oval of Healing upon discovery that Hearthstone boards are not circular.
Fixed a bug with Thoughtsteal where playing it would sometimes fail to steal your opponent’s best cards.
Two new Shaman spell cards have been added—Snap and Pop.
Armorsmith has finally finished that chest plate she’s been working on this whole time. Whew!
Pirates will now always beat the new Ninja sub-type, because Pirates are obviously better.
Leper Gnome now feels better, and will be known simply as Gnome. He would however still like to receive big hugs, please.
Several cards have completed their anger management training, have been renamed accordingly:
- Grumbling Worgen
- Magma Kvetcher
- Disgruntled Chicken
- Mildly Annoyed Scientist
- Somewhat Perturbed Bomber
- Slightly More Perturbed Bomber
Azure Drake has been renamed Blue Drake because no one says “Azure” correctly.
Blade Flurry has been renamed Blade Furry, and now equips the Rogue with a 1/5 Kitten.
We’ve fixed a bug with Animal Companion that sometimes caused the spell to not summon Huffer.
Snake Trap has been renamed Pug Trap and now summons 3 very excited 1/1 Pugs that wheeze very loudly.
Playing Feign Death after playing Unleash the Hounds will now result in good dogs. Yes they are! They are such good dogs.
Call Pet card text now reads, “Hello, this is dog.”
Fixed an error where Skill Command was incorrectly named Kill Command. The Hunter spell will now correctly do damage based on the caster’s skill at Hearthstone.
Anima Golem is now correctly named Animal Golem, and has been changed to a Hunter card with the following text:
- Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 kitten for each enemy minion. It was made of KITTENS! How could you?
After reading so much community feedback about Wisp value, the cost of Wisps has been raised to 2 mana.