While not the same as the DPS role, it is important to know how you want to use your cooldowns and what kind of situations you can use them most efficiently. You aren’t necessarily going for the “get the most, efficient” uses out of your cooldowns like you might find for a DPS’s priority, but making sure you have the CDs when you need them.
- Belebung - Starting with the longest cooldown at 3 minutes, how you utilize Belebung can be important on a dungeon to dungeon basis. While running the Erhobene Geister trait assists with managing this CD, it does not net you a get out of jail free card.
- Belebung should generally be combo’d with an on use trinket, such as Uralter Knorren der Weisheit, when using it to top the group, as it will significantly improve the cooldown’s output. Sometimes Belebung can be used in more clutch situations outside of group throughput, like being able to use it to dispel multiple people in the group. It’s important to be aware of what mob types you are fighting or boss encounters you are approaching in order to make sure you have Belebung up in order to utilize this mass dispel function to its full extent.
- Lebenskokon - While rather weak as a tank external, Lebenskokon still has its place as a tool to be used in the Mistweaver’s kit. This ability will place a large absorb on the target and incresae healing over time effects by 40% while the shield persists. You can often look to use Lebenskokon on DPS that pull threat or get targeted by a lethal single target damage mechanic, such as Jagged Nettles or Severing Axe. It’s important to communicate with your tank if they are going to want Lebenskokon for a certain pull or encounter, or have some previous experience knowing when they will want it so you can plan your use of this cooldown throughout a dungeon, although there may be some discretion to using it for panic moments.
- Donnerfokustee - Sporting a 30 second cooldown, you will find yourself using this ability quite often, but it is important to understand how you are utilizing it. When used in tandem with the Fokussierter Donner talent, this ability packs a lot of value in its short cooldown. With the volatility that exists in dungeon content, you will often find yourself using both charges of your Donnerfokustee in a medley of ways. If you need spot healing, Einhüllender Nebel is your go-to. If you want to set up burst group healing for Beleben, utilizing the extended duration on Erneuernder Nebel from this ability will get you there. If you are looking for a break on mana, empowered Vivifies are the solution. And if there’s nothing to heal and you want to help DPS, the shortened cooldown on Tritt der aufgehenden Sonne does the trick.
- In higher keys, you will often find yourself utilizing the empowered Vivifies far more frequently to ease mana consumption. In this regard, you can also get very efficient uses of Lebenszyklus here, such that you use the first charge of Donnerfokustee on a free Beleben, and then the second charge can be used for a reduced cost, empowered Einhüllender Nebel, followed by a reduced cost Beleben. Try to avoid using the first charge of Donnerfokustee on Einhüllender Nebel if you are going to use the second charge on Beleben, as to not lose the value of Lebenszyklus.