World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.6 - Last Updated Thursday, January 6th, 2011
- Many tooltips have been updated to reflect any changes made via recent hotfixes.
- The guild reward Gürteltierjunges now requires Revered faction instead of Exalted.
- New! All guild banners now reward bonus reputation in addition to honor and experience.
Dungeons & Raids
- New! Level 85 players can now choose any normal dungeon via the Dungeon Finder. Choosing Random Dungeon will still not add these lower-level dungeons into the rotation.
- The Vortex Pinnacle
New! The wind direction and fun coefficient of the Cyclones that appear in Heroic difficulty during the Altairus encounter have improved clarity.
BattlegroundsStrand der Uralten
- The damage done by Antipersonnel Cannons has been doubled.
- The missile speed of Rocket Blast (Antipersonnel Cannons) has been increased by roughly 50%.
- Some Antipersonnel Cannons could shoot the platform they were spawned on. These spawn locations have been fixed.
- The Battleground Demolisher no longer has two additional seats and now only has room for the driver.
- A PvP duration flag has been added to Battleground Demolishers. This should make it so crowd control effects cast on unmanned demolishers does not last an extended amount of time.
- There should no longer be a discrepancy in time when the Battleground Demolishers spawn at the start of each round.
- The Battleground Demolishers spawned on the docks no longer despawn when the north graveyard is taken by the offense.
- Massive Zephyriumladung should now be useable in rated Battleground matches.
- The duration of the Teleport debuff has been lowered to 10 seconds, down from 20.
- The radius of the Seaforium Blast has been lowered to 10 yards, down from 20.
- New! The Teleporters on defense will now teleport players based on which line of gates have been destroyed, rather than directly behind that gate. For example, if a player clicks the Teleporter at the Blue gate when one of the beach gates has been destroyed, it will put the player behind the Red gate.
- The draenei racial trait Gabe der Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.
- The dwarven racial trait Steingestalt now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.
- The gnomish racial trait Entfesselungskünstler now has a 1.5-minute cooldown, down from 1.75.
- The human racial trait Überlebenswille has been reverted back to a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3 minutes.
- The night elf racial trait Schattenmimik can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The tauren racial trait Kriegsdonner can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The worgen racial trait Finstere Pfade now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprinten or Spurt is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).
- Eisige Gegenwehr now breaks stuns when used, in addition to providing immunity to them.
- Nekrotischer Stoß's absorption effect is now reduced by the target's resilience.
- Scharlachrote Geißel has been redesigned slightly. Instead of a 50/100% chance to make the next free when is used on a target with , the talent now gives a 5/10% chance to provide a free Blood Boil when the death knight lands any melee attack on a Blood Plagued target.
- no longer refunds a Blood Rune when it resets 's cooldown. Instead it makes the next Rune Tap free while Will of the Necropolis is active.
- Heulende Böe now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.
- Macht der gefrorenen Ödnis now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- is now also triggered by Nekrotischer Stoß.
- Runenverderbnis procs while the aura is already active now add 3 seconds to the existing aura duration, instead of simply refreshing/overwriting the existing aura.
- Unheilige Macht (passive) has been reduced to a 5% Strength increase, down from 10%.
- Baumrinde is no longer dispellable.
- is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
- damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
- weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
- Zermalmen damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Aufsitzen: This guild perk now applies to Reisegestalt and Reisegestalt as well.
- Pflege is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
- Omen der Klarsicht can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent is chosen.
- Krallenhieb damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Verjüngung is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost has been reduced from 26% to 16%.
- Zerfetzen damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Schreddern weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
- The buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 15%.
- Berserker (instant Mangle proc) now has a new Spell Alert identifier. In addition, Berserk no longer breaks Fear or makes the druid immune to Fear.
- Pulverisieren weapon damage percent has been reduced to 80%, down from 100%.
- Ausgebrannte Glyphe now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
- Ausgebrannte Glyphe now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires on the target.
- weapon damage has been increased to 200%.
- , , and can now be cast while mounted.
- Abschreckung now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Staubwolke's cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with (same effect, different pet).
- Tötungsbefehl's damage has been increased by 20%.
- Tödlicher Schuss's attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
- Ruf des Meisters now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.
- Pets now have 70% of the master's armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
- Schieferbestie now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
- (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
- now ignores critters.
- The mana costs of Arkane Intelligenz and have been reduced by approximately 16%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- : Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner "safe" radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via Cold Snap), the first will now disappear and cease functioning.
- can now be cast, and works properly, on transports (this includes elevators, trapdoors, etc.).
- The mana costs of and have been increased by approximately 217%, making them roughly equal to the cost of .
- Kreuzfahrerstoß weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.
- now lasts for 9 seconds, down from 15. It grants 4% mana per tick, instead of 2%, for a total of 12% mana, up from 10%.
- New! Inquisition is no longer dispellable.
- New! can now be trained by all paladins at level 54. Existing characters will need to visit their trainer, even if they had talented Rebuke before.
- New! now has a spell overlay.
- : The chance for applicable abilities to generate Holy Power has been reduced to 7/15%, down from 20/40%, but instead of generating 1 Holy Power, the next applicable ability used consumes no Holy Power and acts as if the paladin has 3 Holy Power.
- (Mastery): A percentage of the damage done by Urteil des Templers, Kreuzfahrerstoß, and Göttlicher Sturm is done as additional Holy damage.
- Buße is no longer broken from damage done by ().
- The Rebuke talent has been replaced with a new passive talent, Sacred Shield. Paladins who had Rebuke before will automatically have Sacred Shield. Sacred When reduced below 30% health, paladins gain the Sacred Shield effect. The Sacred Shield absorbs X damage and increases healing received by 20%. Lasts 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds. Undispellable.
- New! is no longer dispellable.
- The duration of Levitieren has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Machtwort: Seelenstärke has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of .
- The mana cost of Machtwort: Schild has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.
- The mana cost of Erneuerung has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of .
- Fokussierter Wille now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- now also increases the amount absorbed by an additional 15/30% when cast on oneself.
- Schmerzunterdrückung is no longer dispellable.
- will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Verzweifeltes Gebet now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Segenswort: Züchtigung now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- 's health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Heilige Worte now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- can now also proc from Blitzheilung and Heilung, and can now also critically hit.
- Meisterschaft: Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 75% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Kampfkraft.
- now increases finisher effectiveness by 35% (45% glyphed), up from 20% (30% glyphed).
- now reduces movement speed by 30%, down from 50%.
- has been removed from the game.
- now highlights summoning spells when active.
- no longer increases the radius of Höllenfeuer.
- Sturmangriff now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
- Spalten damage has been reduced by 20%.
- damage has been reduced by 20%.
- no longer increases the cooldown on Sturmangriff, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
- : Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Tödlicher Stoß, Überwältigen, or Hinrichten, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
- no longer buffs or Spalten. It now buffs Tödlicher Stoß, Wütender Schlag, Verwüsten, Siegesrausch and Zerschmettern.
- Ausgebrannte Glyphe has been changed from a 7% reduction to Sturmangriff's cooldown, to 1 second off of the cooldown. This change is primarily to clarify the exact cooldown reduction this glyph provides.
- There are now number displays on the summary page and dropdown menu.
- Ready Flash has been added to the race icons.
- New! Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. Players with more than 200 fragments will not lose additional fragments in 4.0.6, but in a future patch we may remove any fragments above 200.
- New! Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
- New! New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.
- Glocke der rasend machenden Resonanz can now trigger from any damage spell instead of only critical strike.
- The Wut von Zornesschmied internal cooldown has been drastically reduced so this trinket will build up charges much faster.
- Mandala der bewegenden Muster now grants Intellect instead of Mastery.
- The PvP Priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.
- New! The cooldown on the Schlachtstandarte der Horde has been adjusted to 10 minutes to be consistent with the Alliance version.
- For opening cinematics there is now a streaming option interface in the login screen for play-on-demand.
- New! Players can now individually remove raid world markers.
- New! The Reputation Pane now saves which reputation categories are expanded or collapsed.
Character Info Window
The Character Info window (C) now saves for each specialization how stat categories are ordered by players, as well as whether categories are expanded/collapsed.
- Character movement speed is now displayed on the Character Info window (C) with all other stats.
- New! The Haste display on the Character Info window (C) now shows the total haste percentage, rather than only haste from haste rating.
- A View All button has been added to the profession display regardless of whether Show Offline Members is checked.
- Online members can now be sorted to the top of the View Crafters list.
- The guild reputation cap is now displayed in the tooltip.
Real ID & Chat
- Real ID login notifications now include character and game icons.
- Players can now right-click close a chat window tab even if it's not the current tab.
- There is now an option to auto-pop whispers into a new tab.
- Popped out whisper windows now show online/offline status messages.
- New! Predicted healing (previously only available for Raid Frames and raid-style Party Frames) has been added to the following unit frames: Player Frame, Party Frame, Target Frame, Focus Frame.
- New! Canceling buffs are only restricted during combat.
- New! The direction of spell flyouts are set via attribute.
- New! Console commands have been added to the login screens: ExportInterfaceFiles art, ExportInterfaceFiles code.
- Many bugs... handled them!
Quests & Creatures
- Tol Barad Peninsula
A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.
- Wahnsinnige Wache now drop Rostiges Gewehr.
- The spawn rate of Alliance and Horde Infantry for the quest "Die Überreste" has been increased.
- The Magnetisierter Schrottsammler for the quest "Goblinischer Magnetismus" will now be correctly removed from players' bags upon completing the quest.
- Both the Belobigungsabzeichen der Wächter von Baradin and Belobigungsabzeichen von Höllschreis Hand are now Bound to Account items.
- New! Quest turn-in NPCs have been added to Baradin Base Camp and Hellscream's Reach in Tol Barad Peninsula for the Tol Barad bonus quests. This will allow players to turn in these quests if the original quest givers in Tol Barad are not available.
- New! Kill credit for the Tol Barad bonus quest bosses will now be granted to players who have helped attack them, even if they are not in the same group. These bosses include Problim, Archmage Galus, Warden Silva, and Svarnos.
- New! The Farson Keep Prisoner summoned for the quest In ihrer Haut/In ihrer Haut will now only be visible to the player who summoned him.
- Worgen now work properly in the Barbershop.