- With the new season, you'll see increased item levels for rewards and new seasonal rewards. The new seasonal rewards for PvP include a new Arena title: "Eternal Gladiator", a new weapon illusion: Eternal Flux, new coloration of the Gladiator Soul Eater mount, and new Vicious mounts–Alliance and Horde themed Warstalker.
- Additional PvP class tuning for Season 4 is underway. We'll update this section with further adjustments soon.
- DEATH KNIGHT
Zauberschützer (PvP Talent) now grants a 25% increased effectiveness to Rune des Zauberschutzes (was 50%).
Developers' note: With the baseline increase to Antimagisches Feld in 9.2.5, we've seen Todesritter defensives be stronger than we would like against casters.
(Necrolord Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 50% in PvP combat. DEMON HUNTER
Tanz mit dem Schicksal is now 75% effective in PvP combat (was 100%).
Developers' note: Demon Hunter's damage is slightly higher than we would like, so we are reducing the Dancing of Fate conduit to tone it down.
- Todesgeboren (Necrolord Ability) increased spell damage decreased to 10% in PvP combat (was 15%).
- Fluss des Beschwörers (Talent) no longer has a reduced effect when engaged in PvP combat (was 25% reduction).
Arkanes Geschoss damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
Developers' note: Arcane Mages continue to be underrepresented so we are looking to increase damage opportunities for them through various parts of their kit, including Arkane Geschosse, Freizaubern, and Fluss des Beschwörers.
- Lodernde Seele now ignites a Lodernde Barriere at 50% effectiveness in PvP combat.
Developers' note: Fire Mage survivability has continued to be higher than we would like, so we are targeting Blazing Soul to address that while keeping the overall feel of Magier gameplay intact.
- Eislanze damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
- Gefrorene Kugel damage increased by 20% in PvP combat.
Developers' note: A substantial portion of a Frost Mage's damage profile has come from Frostblitz, particularly around the Nekrolords class ability Todesgeboren. We're looking to reduce Todesgeboren and increase some of their base abilities to have a better distribution of damage in their kit.
Klinge der Gerechtigkeit damage increased by 20% in PvP combat.
- Kreuzfahrerstoß damage increased by 30% in PvP combat.
- Hammer des Zorns damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
- Zornige Vergeltung increases damage, healing, and critical strike chance by 15% in PvP combat (was 20%).
- Kreuzzug (Talent) effectiveness reduced by 25% while in PvP combat.
Developer's note: The damage dealt in Zornige Vergeltung's window can be volatile, so we would like to bring that down while increasing some of Retribution Paladins' base damage abilities.
Großes Verblassen (PvP Talent) now has a 60 second cooldown (was 45 seconds).
- (4) Set Bonus: Divine Conversation increases the healing of your next Holy-word affecting spell by 24% in PvP combat (was 36%).
- Blitzheilung heals for an additional 20% in PvP combat (was 30%).
- Heilung heals for an additional 25% in PvP combat (was 35%).
Developers' note: Holy Priests continue to outperform other healers, and we are looking to target various areas of their kit to better fit within other spec representation and performance.
- Belebender Schattenstaub (Runecarving Power) now reduces the cooldown of your other abilities by 10 seconds in PvP combat (was 20 seconds).
- Septischer Schock (Night Fae Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
Ausweiden damage reduced by 10% in PvP combat.
- Resolved an issue that caused Tiefere Dolche (Conduit) to affect non-Schurke abilities.
Developers' note: Schurkes have been overperforming across all specs so we are looking to tone down damage within burst windows for Subtlety and Assassination while reducing Outlaw's cooldown recovery potential.
(4) Set Bonus: Chain Heal cast by Ornat des theurgischen Sternensprechers is no longer reduced in PvP combat (was 30% reduction).
Developers' note: Resto Shaman's Tier Set bonus has not had as much impact as we initially suspected so we are nullifying the reduction of power it previously had.
- Lebenslinie effectiveness increased by 20% in PvP combat.
Instabiles Gebrechen damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
- Instabiles Gebrechen backlash damage when dispelled deals 20% more damage, but can no longer critically strike.
- Corruption damage increased by 30% in PvP combat.
- Finstere Seele: Elend (Talent) increases Haste by 20% in PvP combat (was 30%).
Developer's note: For Affliction, we want to smooth out some of the spiky damage that results from Dark Soul windows and the occasional Instabiles Gebrechen critical strikes, while at the same time allowing them to maintain consistent pressure outside of these windows.
- Teufelsjäger rufen (PvP Talent) cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 24 seconds).
Developers' note: Overall Demonology has high utility potential, so we are increasing the cooldown to Call Felhunter to bring it more in line with what we are comfortable with. Additionally, Warlock pets can have difficulty with survival, especially when being focused, so we are increasing Lebenslinie as a tool to help that.