in Eurem Browser.
13.07.2009 um 16:33
Welcome back to the Strategist (or just "welcome", if it's your first time here)! A while ago I went over the
fight in Ulduar. This week I hope to give you not only
(which you will read about in this issue), but
Ignis the Furnace Master
Razorscale is...was a Proto-drake better known under the name Veranus. She was a Broodmother among the Proto-drakes, and has been
's loyal mount and friend for many years. Unfortunately when Loken defeated Thorim not that long ago, Veranus was captured, but not killed - Loken mentions that he has other plans for her. Now we know what they were - Ignis the Furnace Master crafted an armor of some sort for Veranus. Her scales were plated with steel as sharp as razor - hence the name. Now Razorscale lives in her Aerie in Ulduar, just between the Formation Grounds and the Scrapyard. She is an optional boss, but not a hard one.
For details about the fight and a few strategies, read on after the break!
Razorscale is located on the right side of the "hallway" that leads from the Flame Leviathan to XT-002 Deconstructor. As you enter the general area of her Aerie, you will find a few NPCs there, and four destroyed harpoon platforms. Several
will help you in the encounter. You need to talk to the
to start the event.
From this moment on until Razorscale's health reaches 50%, you will be in her phase 1, or the air phase. Razorscale will fly far out of reach, and you won't be able to attack her. Instead, packs of Iron Dwarves (or an Iron Vrykul) will spawn from mole machines. They will attack the Expedition members by default, but will soon overwhelm them unless you give a hand.
Every 30 seconds the Engineers will repair one of the four harpoons. You can shoot it at Razorscale at any time. When all four harpoons hit her, she will drop to the ground and stay there chained for ~30 seconds. During this time she won't be able to attack or defend herself, but this is the only time during this phase when you can DPS her, so ignore any adds alive and focus her. After the 30 seconds she will breath flames in front of her, knock everybody away, destroy the harpoon turrets and fly up. The Engineers will start repairing the turrets again, and the cycle will repeat until her health drops to 50%.
At 50% Razorscale will land permanently and attack whoever is the highest on her threat list. This phase is usually the easier one and only requires a few things - tanks to swap, your raid to not stand in front of the boss, and the tanks to avoid the blue fire on the ground. Other than that, the fight is easy.
Phase 1: Air
Despite her being in the air, Razorscale will still attack your raid occasionally - fortunately for you, she doesn't hit hard if you pay attention.
is inevitable, it will hit random raid members every few seconds, and you should just heal through.
on the other hand is more dangerous - it looks like a blue fireball, that doesn't hit for too much, but leaves blue fire on the ground. The fire does moderate amount of damage every 2 seconds and stays for 25 seconds - it should be avoided at all times.
Adds spawn every ~30 seconds from anywhere between one and four mole machines. There are four locations the machines can spawn on - one to the far left, one to far middle, one to far right, and one in the middle-left, closer to the circle in the middle of the platform where you fight. The first three can spawn 1-3
Dark Rune Watchers
and occasionally a
Dark Rune Guardian
. Neither of those are hard and can be simply killed. The central-left mole machine will always spawn a
Dark Rune Sentinel
- he is an Iron Vrykul, hits harder than the rest and has a Whirlwind attack. It is recommended to use a spare tank for these, so they can be tanked away from your melee DPS and burned by the ranged. Avoid bringing Razorscale down if a Sentinel is alive, even if it means a few seconds delay with the harpoons.
When Razorscale is chained, all of your DPS and any idling healers should DPS her. If there are any adds alive, your tanks should bring them in front of the boss, ignore the adds and DPS Razorscale. Nobody but the tanks should stand in front of the boss, as she does a
just before she flies off. Ranged DPS and healers should be at maximum range to avoid the
, which comes right after a Flame Breath.
Phase 2: Ground
As soon as her health reaches 50% (which may happen while she is in the air, due to DoTs), Razorscale will send you a raid warning "Razorscale lands permanently" and...well, land permanently :) She needs to be taunted by whoever tank has the fewer number of adds on them, and faced away from the raid. She will continue to use Flame Breath, and no more adds will spawn. Razorscale will periodically debuff the raid with
, making healing harder and harder. Your tanks should remain stationary unless they see Razorscale casting Devouring Flame. Whenever this spell is about to go off, the tank should move farther back, to avoid the pool of blue flame.
will stack on the current tank and force at least two tanks to rotate every 2 stacks.
Tanks, make sure you don't run out of range of the healers, and Healers - move with your tank. In addition, if everybody is making sure they don't stand in front of the boss, this phase of the fight should be easy. The 15-minute Berserk timer baffles me, as I rarely spend more than 4-5 minutes...
The Siege of Ulduar
- Defeat Razorscale to receive credit for this achievement.
A Quick Shave
- Defeat Razorscale without letting her to fly in the air more than once. You will pretty much need force her to land permanently the second time she lands. If you are going to use Bloodlust/Heroism to achieve this, save it for the second time she lands. If you get her down to 75-80% the first time, Bloodlust/Heroism should suffice the second one. If you don't do enough damage the first time...don't waste your strongest buff.
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare
- Defeat 25 Dark Rune Guardian Dwarves with Razorscale's Flame Breath. Fortunately this achievement does not require you to complete it on a single raid lockout period. One way to do it is to not kill any of the Guardians, and bring them down to ~15%. When Razorscale lands, bring them in front of her and, avoiding any DoTs, assign a few DPS or tanks to bring them down to under 10%. Alternatively, you can do the fight normally, allowing one tank to "collect" all the Guardians, and then have that tank keep them in front of Razorscale during Phase 2. You can wipe several times to get this achievement, it's not a problem. Required for
Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Champion of Ulduar
- Defeat Razorscale on your first try for this lock-out period, without anyone in the raid dying. If you are careful with the blue fires, nobody should be dying.
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Wowhead Premium bekommen
1$ pro Monat
könnt ihr eine werbefreie Seite genießen, Premium-Features freischalten und die Seite unterstützen!
Strategist: Trial of the Grand Crusader
Strategist: Onyxia 3.2.2
Strategist: Faction Champions
Strategist: Twin Val'kyr
Strategist: Lord Jaraxxus
Anmelden um Kommentar zu erstellen
Ihr seid nicht angemeldet. Bitte
meldet Euch an
, um einen Kommentar einzusenden.
« Nächster Post
Vorheriger Post »
Mit Wowhead verbinden
Braucht Ihr Hilfe?
Was gibt's Neues?
Andere Fanbyte Seiten
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte