Wow Economy Weekly Wrap-Up - 107th Edition - Spotlight on New Auction House
12.01.2020 um 13:08
WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-Up
Hello! Welcome to the 107th edition of the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up!
My name is
and I am a content creator focusing on making gold using Professions and
. I have a number of guides over on
and I also stream my adventures on
. If you want to see previous articles, they are all archived
here on wowhead.com
In-depth Look into the 8.3 Auction House
This week, I'd like to take a close look at the new Auction House coming in 8.3. How does it work? What does it do and so forth.
Here is the main interface window ...
As you can see, the layout is similar to the original, but much cleaner and with some great additions to help in your search.
- You can now add items into your personal favorites which will always appear on the front page when you load the Auction House. Simply right-click any item you have searched for and add it to your favourites. This is similar to Professions which already have this feature.
Whilst in the Auction House, if you want to get to your favorites at any time, click the Favorites button in the top left.
- There have been a couple of very useful additions to the filters you can search for.
- This will help search for any transmog, recipes or pets you have not collected yet. Really handy for if you are looking to collect All the Things!
- This is a very simple yet powerful addition allowing you to buy armor and weapon upgrades for your character on the AH. This does not currently work for bags.
The Exact Match checkbox has now been removed.
- The tabs at the bottom of the window have been re-organised into simpler Buy, Sell and Auctions tabs.
- Once you have searched for your items, the buy window shows you what is available and the quantity and price is shown on the right.
The sellers names are no longer shown and you will automatically buy the cheapest available. You can either type in the quantity you need or left-click the quantities on the right to buy that quantity AND all the cheaper ones above.
- The concept of stacks is no longer necessary. You buy and sell in the amount you want. If you buy a set amount, the cheapest will get bought first and then however many you need in the next price bracket and so forth until you have the amount you need. This could be spread over several sellers.
- The Sell tab has been simplified, especially for commodities as there is no Bid option for them.
You can either type in your own price or by default, the cheapest will be selected, the names and/or number of sellers will be shown on the right. Multiple of the same item will have an option to specify the amount. Non-commodities such as equipment also have the option to specify a bid amount.
Last In, First Out
- A note about the new LIFO system. This has been talked about a lot in the gold making community. Blizzard want to encourage players to match the cheapest price rather than undercut all the time. You will note the copper amount is no longer available to further discourage this. Whilst the first impression may be that this doesn't seem fair to the person who posted first, it helps prevent the auction list becoming a long list of similar prices. It favours the buyer for a cleaner interface.
The underlying system remains unchanged, the person who posts frequently throughout the day gains an advantage. You can still set your own price and undercut if you wish, but there is little point unless you want to specifically alter the market value.
Bidding can still be used for non-commodities by un-checking the Buyout Mode.
- Once you have placed your auctions, you can manage them in the third tab at the bottom..
Your auctions will all be shown as a list with the remaining duration visible, any Bids you have made can be managed in the Bids tab at the top.
Also, whilst you are searching for auctions, any items where you have your own auctions posted will show as a green tick in the listing.
And finally, the Mailbox has not been left out in this overhaul. The maximum capacity has been increased to 100, the refresh rate has been reduced to 15 seconds and all AH mail purchases of the same item have been condensed into one mail!
So what do you think of the new Auction House? Ready to try it when it goes live this week?
Most of this information was discussed and originally posted on the
subreddit or in the accompanying
. You can also catch me streaming live on
on Sunday from around 7PM GMT UK Time (2pm Eastern Time) for the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up live on Wowhead.com, or you can tweet your feedback/thoughts via Twitter at
I hope you found this useful and If you have any suggestions or feedback, please do say so in the comments below..
Until next time, Happy Goldmaking!
Wowhead Premium bekommen
1$ pro Monat
könnt ihr eine werbefreie Seite genießen, Premium-Features freischalten und die Seite unterstützen!
Zeige 0 Kommentare
Verstecke 0 Kommentare
Anmelden um Kommentar zu erstellen
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Ihr seid nicht angemeldet. Bitte
meldet Euch an
, um einen Kommentar einzusenden.