Hello! I made a spreadsheet to mill BFA herbs. Here it is :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kx2qPiGXGqS5_zla1sSN69yxrYlGdEVTzR4bypP8yJU/edit?usp=sharing
Here is a written guide on how to use it :
- First, go to "file" and "make a copy" to be able to edit the spreadsheet
- Enter values in the 4 yellow cells to get results in the blue and green cells
- Do not edit any of the blue or green cells or the spreadsheet won't work anymore.
- Note that you can put the price of inks or pigments depending on what you intend to sell. Also note that the inks have a much better sale rate than the pigments.
Results ExplainedCrimson Estimated Quantity
: This is the estimated quantity of Blutrote Pigmente
you will get from milling the quantity of herbs you intend to mill. There is some RNG to this so it won't be exact but it's a very close prediction.Viridescent Estimated Quantity
: This is the estimated quantity of Grünliche Pigmente
you will get from milling the quantity of herbs you intend to mill. There is some RNG to this so it won't be exact but it's a very close prediction.Auction House Cut
: This is the gold that will be taken away from you if you sell the pigments/inks. If you intend to use the inks/pigments, note that this will be bonus gold as it is discounted from the estimated profits.Crafting Cost
: This is the amount of gold you need to pay for the herbs you intend to mill.Return on Investment ( ROI )
: This is the % of the gold you get back ( Estimated Profit ) divided by the gold you invest ( Crafting Cost ). The higher the ROI, the lower the risk of losing gold as the prices of pigments/inks may change over the time of the process.Estimated Profit
: This is the estimated amount of gold you will gain from the process. It substracts the auction house cut and the crafting cost without needing you to do it. If it is over 0, that means you make gold from the process. If it is below 0, that means you should sell the herbs instead.
/u/canadia_tv also put together a video overview
- Do not forget to estimate your time while doing this. While this can be great, it also takes a lot of time to craft all the inks.
- The biggest indicator of success is the ROI. Anything below 25% is usually seen as a bit risky. Anything below 10% is not worth it because of the time investment. Anything over 25% is considered "safe". Also note that the more herbs you mill, the more time it will take to sell which also augments the risk.
if you're more of a visual or follow-along learner!